Why is The Innerhope Project needed?
- 1 in 10 young people in the UK suffer from a variety of mental health problems (Mental Health Foundation, 2016).
- Approximately 70% of young people dealing with mental health have not had sufficient intervention (mental Health Foundation, 2016).
- There are more young people dealing with mental health issues now compared to thirty years ago (mental Health Foundation, 2016).
- As an issue which is on the rise, The Innerhope Project seeks to demystify mental health.
- Within the education system there are many students with mental health issues who are classified as AEN (Additional Educational Needs) which results in a lack of sufficient intervention to deal with their issues.
- There are many young people in the education system who have social and emotional needs, however they are overlooked which in turn has a detrimental impact on their academic performance.